If you're using a named instance use a different port number than 1433. That
may work...

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of honormine
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:26 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: About the installing problem

Today I wanted to reinstall the AR Server(which is installed before),while I
was installing ,the error it is:

For security reasons, your password will not be displayed.
What is your AR User Password for ARAdmin? [*****]

I typed the password but the install process will not go on and stop there

I tested the sqlplus and conneted to the database and it showed all good.

SQL> conn aradmin/ar#adm...@itildb
Connected.

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's
public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this
message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or interception, please
delete all copies from your system without disclosing, copying, or transmitting
this message.