From: "Ranftl, Tobias" <tobias.ran...@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thu, July 22, 2010 2:32:19 AM
Subject: AW: Disable Red "X"

**
Hello Joe,

thanks for your ideas on this.

>> I had even tried creating a AL with an error message that should pop up on
>>window close if a flag is not set which is set only when you use the custom
>>Close button that is created on the form, but that doesn't work on the
>>Mid-Tier
>>either
Behaves the same way on MT 7.5, I tried that already before posting.

What I implemented as a workaround is the following:
- I'm setting a flag on "valid" closure of the dialog (the user is using one of
the normal buttons).
- I have an AL firing on close checking if the flag was set. If it wasn't, I'm
sending an event to the parent form.
- On the parent form, I'm catching the event and open the dialog again.

Similar to the approach you mentioned below.

Cheers,
Tobias