**

Environment:

Windows Server 2003 – SP2 virtualized  under VMWare ESX 3.5

Core system:

ARSystem 7.5 patch 5

Assignment Engine (7.5)

Approval Engine (7.5)

Flashboards (7.5)

Email Engine (7.5)

Applications:

Incident Management (7.6 Patch 001)

Change Management (7.6 Patch 001)

Release Management (7.6 Patch 001)

Problem Management (7.6 Patch 001)

Asset Management (7.6 patch 001)

BMC Atrium CMBD 7.6 Patch 001

BMC Atrium Impact Simulator 7.6 Patch 001

BMC AIE 7.6 Patch 001

Service Request Management (V 1.5)

Question;

We have installed a functional development environment under VMWare with the above software installed.  I was wondering if anyone has ever, successfully, copied the VMWare image to another machine, change the hostname, change the configuration files (etc. ar.cfg, etc), re-licensing the server, in order to bring up another server instance of this environment (eg. For a test environment) (recognizing that the database would have to be copied, restored, name changed, etc).

It sounds like it would save a LOT OF TIME installing all of these programs over-and-over, but am wondering if anyone has done this successfully.  If they have, any caveats to look out for ?

Thanks list!

Terry