From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arsl...@arslist.org] On
Behalf Of Warren Baltimore [warrenbaltim...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:43 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: GUID FIELD 179

**
ARS 6.3 on a Sun Solaris system and Oracle 10.x

Quick question.

It's been awhile since I've done this, I've build a GUID field (ID 179) on a
request form.. it's my understanding that this would make the GUID available
prior to submitting the ticket, however that doesnt seem to be the case.  Am I
missing something?
the Remedy helpfile defines GUID Fields as:

"To auto-populate a field with a GUID, define a character field using field ID
179. A GUID is available during active link processing on the client and
through all filter phases. By contrast, the value of Request ID field is not
available until an entry has been successfully committed to the database. You
can set the attributes of the GUID field, except for field type, length, and
ID. "
This suggests to me that it should be available from a new form.  However the
only way I can get it is to generate it with a $PROCESS$
@@:Application-Generate-GUID.

Could someone enlighten me?
--
Warren R. Baltimore II