From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: JSP to monitor functionality

** You could write a servlet to do the work like this:

*       Handle the incoming request
*       Issue an HTTP request to the desired form/resource, create the
authentication context, etc.
*       Parse the HTTP response headers for the response codes

*       I use the plural "headers" because when you request a page like the
Home Page, you will get back many HTTP responses for things like css, js,
etc.
*       You will want to look at the response code for the original request,
e.g., /Home+Page/

*       Return the desired HTTP response code based on the response above

This varies from the redirect approach, which will change the response to a
301 or 302.  Servlet is probably the more appropriate technology for this,
versus a jsp, though you can probably get either to work.