I have recently been having issues where the Tomcat is 'functional' from a
Tomcat perspective, but you can't log onto the app server, getting the
following error.  What I'm trying to do is write a jsp that will see if a
URL 'returns a value'.specifically I'm planning on using a login URL to get
to the home page with ID and PW pre-configured on the URL...if that URL
loads fine, I need to have the JSP page return a 200, if not, something
else.  This is for a load balancer that can't currently tell if your server
is online or not.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

      java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)

com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.rpcext.ArXdrTcpEncodingStream.getEncodedBuffer(Unknown
Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.arrpc.rpcext.ArXdrTcpEncodingStream.endEncoding(Unknown
Source)

      com.bmc.thirdparty.org.acplt.oncrpc.OncRpcTcpClient.call(Unknown
Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.arxdrenc.b.call(Unknown Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.session.c.a(Unknown Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyJRpcBase.a(Unknown Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyJRpcBase.arCall(Unknown Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyJRpc.ARVerifyUser(Unknown Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.verifyUser(Unknown Source)

      com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.login(Unknown Source)

      com.remedy.arsys.session.LoginServlet.authenticate(Unknown Source)

      com.remedy.arsys.session.LoginServlet.doLogin(Unknown Source)

      com.remedy.arsys.session.LoginServlet.doThePost(Unknown Source)

      com.remedy.arsys.session.LoginServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)

      com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.postInternal(Unknown Source)

      com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)

      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.28 logs.