From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Chris Danaceau
Sent: January 12, 2011 3:05 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Has anyone implemented the normalization engine?

**
I'm trying to do something I think should be very simple.  Normalize one or
more versions of a product name into a standard name.  I created the
product, a desktop (Optiplex 745), set up a model name normalization alias,
and set up a normalization job for my personal sandbox in a 7.6 environment.
After fixing an error that was logged because I hadn't set the product as
"Approved," when I run my normalization job it completes w/o erroring on my
CI instance (that has the alias model name) but it is not updating my
product name as I expected.

--
Chris Danaceau
AttivaSoft Solutions Architect