Thank you for correcting my statement..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Easter, David Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:53 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Compatibility Matrix browsers.

When they say Explorer 6 and higher it means it has been tested for Explorer 6 but not tested on higher

Not completely true. Higher versions are tested if/when available during the release cycle for a given release - or tested on subsequent patch releases. So BMC does not test *just* the minimum version and no others.

That said, the statement that higher versions are supported because of forward compatibility is completely accurate. So if a new browser version comes out post-release, BMC still supports it because of the backwards compatibility of the browsers.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc. My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:48 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: R: Re: Compatibility Matrix browsers.

When they say Explorer 6 and higher it means it has been tested for Explorer
6 but not tested on higher, but it being forward compatible, it should work.
So you should be good on Explorer 7 or Firefox 2.0 and any version
higher....

You may want to search for Flash compatibility too, as some consoles of ITSM
7.x onwards have flash objects.. With pre 7.6.4 apps, these were limited to
CMDB and SRM, but with 7.6.4 apps these have been extended to consoles of
IM, AM, PM and CM as well..

There may be mention that certain versions of a flash player is not
supported.. Also for IE I have learnt that installing only the Flash Player
plugin is not enough. This would be enough for Firefox, Safari or Chrome,
but for IE, you need the Flash Player ActiveX installed..

Hope this helps..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: team.rem...@libero.it