**
I also have had this experience with both Active Links and Filters. The changes take a while to appear. And this is in the UT not Mid-Tier.

only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile (A. Einstein)

Shafqat Ayaz

From: Nathan Aker <nathan_a...@mcafee.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:45 PM
Subject: ARS 7.6.04 Filter Objects being cached?

**
Hola Friends,

Anyone else running ARS 7.6.04 (SP1 in our case) seen a delay from when they save a filter to when the update takes effect?  I’ve got some custom backend filter processing on a staging form and in working with it and making changes I’m finding that if I update a filter, the change does not immediately take effect (as it always has in Remedy in my experience).   If I make the change, wait for the save to complete, then retry my update operation that triggers the workflow, the workflow does not reflect my changes immediately.   I have to wait about 90-120 seconds and then I see my change take effect.

Anyone know if there is now some form of caching related to filter objects now?  Perhaps due to the new Overlay feature?   Found this interesting and thought I’d share.

Nate.

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect

McAfee, Inc.