I use either baretail or Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) for most log
files and have created a Notepad++ user defined language descriptor for some
Remedy related files a couple of years ago.
This colour-codes the files for easy reading.
The following files are included:
Remedy .Def
Remedy .Cfg
Remedy .Log
Remedy .Arr
Remedy .Arq
Remedy .Arm

Notepad++ can also auto-detect file changes and prompts you to reload the file
once you bring it into focus.
You can also force it to reload an open file with two mouse clicks.
Old log entries can also be removed without having to switch off the logging in
Remedy. (This way you keep the log file small & manageable whilst debugging a
process.)

To configure Notepad++ to use this:
1. Add the userDefineLang.xml file to the Notepad++ install dir
2. Disable the use APPDATA setting
3. Restart Notepad++

HTH...

Best Regards,
Theo

Sent from my Black/Silver Personal Computer ....
"Try not to become a person of success, but a person of value." - Albert
Einstein