From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 2:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: how to configure some users to use a private port in the
web version

*      and we have been told that you should limit users to a maximum of
80 per mid tier

Not sure where that recommendation came from  - a Mid-Tier can easily
handle more than 80 users...  Numbers that I'm aware of from BMC's
performance team are:

*           Each Mid Tier can handle up to 200 concurrent users per
CPU-Core.

*           BMC recommends a maximum of 400 concurrent users per servlet
engine instance for most servlet engines.

In fact, with 4 Mid-Tiers, a somewhat recent performance white paper
emulated 2500 concurrent users.

18-Mar-2010 Describes performance and scalability of BMC Remedy IT
Service Management 7.6, BMC Service Request Management 7.6, and BMC
Atrium 7.6 on Red Hat Linux(r) PDF
<http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/11/88/121188/121188.pdf>

-David J. Easter

Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform

BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.