Environment Information:
- ARS 7.5 patch 3
- Midtier 7.5 patch 3

I'm trying to use flashboards to render some data.  I have 3 variables
(fixed, floating write, floating read) that I am trying to plot using a
stacked area chart over a time series (historical data).  The data looks
fine in a stacked bar chart, but the rendering of the data in a stacked
area is inaccurate when the value is zero for one of the variables.

Take this stacked bar chart.  It shows the following data for the 2 five
minute collection times:
- 4 for Fixed
- 1 for Floating
- 0 Floating Read

[image: image.png]

When I change the chart type to stacked area, I get different results (bear
in mind it is using the same data):
- 4 for Fixed
- 1 for Floating
- highlight shows 4 Floating Read, but it should be 0; plot shows 0
floating read tokens

[image: image.png]

Has anyone else seen the same issue with flashboards?

Some other general observations:
- In the FB variables, the grouping is limited to only 2 fields (why?)
- When grouping by 2 fields, the legend and data rendering in the chart do
not break down the sample data according to the second group field; it only
uses the first grouping field (i lose the granularity of the data in the
chart, which makes it useless).  I instead have to create seperate
variables that include the qualification (and no grouping) and add each of
those variables to the flashboard
- If I group by 1 field and only have 1 variable in the flashboard, the
legend will break down the data properly.  If I have multiple variables,
each with 1 field used as a grouping, the chart does not honor the grouping
and lumps all the data for that variable into 1 section of the stacked bar
chart.
- There are some missing features that I would consider 'elementary' or
'basic' features:
  - group by any number of fields
  - Min/Max capabilities over a time range or for the chart (series line)
  - Chart types: scatter plot, others, ...
  - statistics or data points in chart; ability to control the visibility of
  - ability to resize chart
  - ability to change time range (define period)
  - refresh interval
  - many others
- Uses Flash; Who decided to use flash for every graphical type of output
from Remedy?  Why would anyone do this?  Proprietary browser plugins =
platform dependencies at the discretion of the plugin vendor; Proprietary
browser plugins = future incompatibility with browsers for the portions of
your product that rely on the plugins.

Capability-wise, this seems to be the same flashboards product that was
available 10 years ago with Flashboards 2.0 when it still had the seperate
FB Admin utility, albeit wrapped in a better looking (though, proprietary)
wrapping.

Axton Grams