Hello,

Joe and Axton, thank you for responding to "Moving ARServer being Firewall and
new server"

Our environment is:

ARServer: 7.5.00 Patch 004

(2-installation) MT Server: 7.5.00 Patch 004
AR Server OS:  AIX 6.1

Mid Tier OS:  AIX 6.1

Web Server:  Websphere 6.1

Database:  Oracle 10 g

Oracle is local to Arserver.

I am exploring the idea of doing a

fresh installation of 7.5.00 Patch 004 on AIX 6.1.6 on Oracle 10g

then import the schemas/def  (customer shop) from production,

then import the data

We have had Remedy arserver i believe we were their second customer, we will
have legacy equipment that have 4.1 client install. That being said prior to my
inheritance, a major jump from 4.x to 6.3 was done, since then upgrades to 7.5
p4. During all this we have not used components that have evolved with the
product, like email engine/approval server/etc.

The above, install will allow us to add components of 7.5x, that we will be
using going forward, clean!

Is this a good method?

We can tar the old environment, give it a new demo key, install all the
components, also.