One thing we found was that if any of the CMDB forms (BMC.CORE:BMC_...) had
somehow been raised to an overlay then the upgrade would fail (not freeze
though).

Just something to check.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: 15 December 2011 17:10
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ars & cmdb 7.6.04 upgrade - any successes?

** Agreed, there are (long) times when you do not see any activity in the
install logs or to the db.  I have almost killed the installer before but
let it run over night instead.  Sometimes it is still not finished in the
morning but it has progressed beyond where I had almost killed it and does
end up finishing.

Jason