There is no "peak" usage for fixed licenses.  A fixed license is considered in
use the moment it is assigned to a named user.  Even if that user never logs
in, it will show up as in use on the License Usage Report.  Only floating
licenses have the concept of peak (or what we call "high water mark").

To confirm the usage report is right - just check to see who has fixed licenses
assigned to them.  Add up those folks and that's the number that will appear in
the report.  Remember that a single AR System user license can power multiple
application user licenses, so if you have 20 Incident Management users but also
have 20 additional folks using Change Management, you'd have 40 AR System user
licenses, 20 Incident Management licenses and 20 Change Management licenses
(for example).

Assuming you are on the latest patch for your version of AR System, you can run
the License Usage Report on any server.  There were some recent patches that
addressed defects with reporting floating usage across server groups - but that
would not affect you directly since your question is about fixed license usage.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.