Looks like your test case 1 & 2 a bug to me. To the best of my knowledge it should not matter if the 1005 field is not in any of the views or if its on any of the views and what the display properties of that field is. It should work..

Have you tried the same with a different version (preferably earlier) of the AR System?

If it was working on earlier versions, then it could mean that the bug is 7.5 patch 3 specific.

Also try on a later version to see if its fixed in a later version.

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Axton Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:47 AM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mid-Tier, Advanced Search Bar Question

I have the Query Bar form action field (fid 1005) on my form. Here are some odd scenarios: 1. If the Query Bar field is on the view and hidden and I attempt to use a predefined search, the search returns an error that an unqualified search is not allowed. 2. If the Query Bar field is on the view and on a hidden page field and I attempt to use a predefined search, the search returns an error that an unqualified search is not allowed. 3. If the Query Bar field is on the view and visible and I attempt to use a predefined search, the search returns as expected. 3. If the Query Bar field is not on the view I attempt to use a predefined search, the search returns as expected.

Relevant environment Information
- Midtier 7.5 patch 3
- Chrome 17.0.963.56 m
- IE 7.0.5730.13

I read through the defects for arsystem/midtier 7.5 on the supportweb site, but did not see anything that resembles my issue. Has anyone else seen this and do you know if it is resolved in a later version or patch?

Thanks,
Axton