From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:47 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mid-Tier, Advanced Search Bar Question

I have the Query Bar form action field (fid 1005) on my form.  Here
are some odd scenarios:
1. If the Query Bar field is on the view and hidden and I attempt to
use a predefined search, the search returns an error that an
unqualified search is not allowed.
2. If the Query Bar field is on the view and on a hidden page field
and I attempt to use a predefined search, the search returns an error
that an unqualified search is not allowed.
3. If the Query Bar field is on the view and visible and I attempt to
use a predefined search, the search returns as expected.
3. If the Query Bar field is not on the view I attempt to use a
predefined search, the search returns as expected.

Relevant environment Information
- Midtier 7.5 patch 3
- Chrome 17.0.963.56 m
- IE 7.0.5730.13

I read through the defects for arsystem/midtier 7.5 on the supportweb
site, but did not see anything that resembles my issue.  Has anyone
else seen this and do you know if it is resolved in a later version or
patch?

Thanks,
Axton