ARSListers,

ARS Version: 7.6.04 SP2

MS SQL 20008

I'm learning Pentaho/Spoon (part of the new Atrium Integrator on ARS 7.6.04
SP2) and I'm stumped on how to get dates from a text file input to CMDBOutput.
I'm following the sample from BMC.  For example, my spreadsheet has a date in
US format of 10/13/2007.   It's in the text file input as a String type.    I'm
using the Select Values step to rename and format it.  Using BMC's example I'm
using the format of M/d/yyyy hh:mm:ss .  When I do this, the output fails with:

Unparseable date: "Sat Oct 13 09:00:00 PDT 2007"

I've tried changing the format and selecting from the menus.  No luck.  I've
tried changing the date format on my spreadsheet.   I've tried dd/mm/yyyy,
mm/dd/yyyy and yyyy/mm/dd formats with and without time on  my spreadsheet with
various formats in the Select Values step.  I get either the above error or
Unparseable date: "10/13/2007"

I think I've tried every combination and I'm still not succeeding in getting
dates into CMDB.  Everything else works great.

I'm out of ideas.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Barb

Barbara Siebert
Senior Consultant