I hear you.. worked at a site once where IBM had a lot of stake in there and
they were an exclusively all AIX shop.. Any application they considered buying
had to run on AIX or it would be shown the door...

From: Mike Worts
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 10:41 AM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: FTS Plugin issues in 7.6.04

**
Good question. There is history behind it which I won't go into :) (but it
includes the words "IBM" and "outsourcing")

We have been running v6.3 on AIX very successfully for many years. We have
found it to be a robust, reliable and stable platform. It is obviously not
everyone's first choice, however, I can vouch for it and have had positive
experiences using it over many years. I think we are starting to see a few
issues with IBM Java, which probably accounts for quite a few of our rendering
issues.

Besides that, I like it !!