From: Boyd, Rebecca
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 5:40 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Wonder how many of these tales are true....

**
I grew in South Jersey. I can’t vouch for any of these tales, but I can tell
you there’s over a million acres of pines trees & sand called the “Pine
Barrens” in NJ.

The Pine Barrens are as beautiful, lonely & creepy as it gets. Miles & miles of
two lane roads with scrubby pine trees on either side. Every so often there’s a
sandy one lane trail off to one side or the other. Turn off onto one of these
roads. It just gets lonelier & creepier. You might find a quarry but don’t get
too close – you could be up to your knees in sand & still sinking before you
know it. You might see an old wreck of an abandoned car with bullet holes in
every square inch.

And then there are the remains of what looks like an animal carcass. Now try to
find your way back out to the main road.

The Pine Barrens is where the Jersey Devil is said to live. It was also an
episode of The Sopranos, the one where Paulie & Christopher take a Russian
mobster into the woods (the Pine Barrens), end up getting lost & have to spend
the night in an abandoned vehicle.

No wonder many of the places listed on the web page are in or around the Pine
Barrens.