I would recommend you consider the further supportability of Oracle 10gR2 by
Oracle as the primary factor in your decision.

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_10g
Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2.0)

In July 2005<http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/2005>, Oracle Database 10.2.0.1 - also
known as Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10gR2) - was released.

Latest patch-set: 10.2.0.5 (the terminal patch set for this release)

Premier Support Ends: 31-Jul-2010<http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/2010> (First Year
Extended Support fees waived, so it will be fully supported until
31-Jul-2011<http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/2011>)
Extended Support Ends: 31-Jul-2013<http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/2013>
So if you upgrade to AR System 7.6.04 SP2 without upgrading the database, do
you have Extended Support for your Oracle implementation?  Even if you do, will
you plan to upgrade again prior to July 2013?

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.