From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jamie
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:20 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy System comes to a standstill/unresonsive

We've been experiencing intermittent issues where all of a sudden our Remedy
system comes to a standstill and is unresponsive to the end user for 10-15mins.
 The end users are experiencing this in both the client and the web.  The
strange thing is that there are no errors outputted to the arerror.log file and
the end users are not receiving any errors such as timeouts.  We have automated
montioring setup to ping the IP Address every 5 secs and have not received any
alerts.  We have montiored the databse and haven't found really any long
running queries during the time of the issues that we think is contributing to
the issues. We've now turned on the normal app logging of API/SQL/Filter/Esc
and opened up a ticket with BMC Support, but looking for some "Out of the Box
thinking" from the group on where to maybe look or if anyone has had similar
issues.

ARS/Midtier 7.5 Patch 6
ITSM 7.5.01 Patch 1
Atrium Core 7.5 Patch 2
SLM 7.5.00
Kinetic Survey
Kinetic Request

4 Sun Solaris AR Servers in a server group behind loadbalancer
Oracle Database
4 Windows VM Midtier servers behind load balancer

Integrations with AR servers:
OIM
BladeLogic/BAO
IBRSD with ProactiveNet, Patrol
Control M
TMART

Yep, we've been drinking the BMC blue kool-aid for the most part :)