From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Nathan Aker
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:38 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Service Request versa Change Request

**
In Option 1; what is the work that is being done in the Work Order?   If it is
simply authorization, then approval of the Change this is accounted for already
in the CRQ with the Business/Technical approval phases up front, then the
change is developed, and when ready for deployment it is scheduled and enters
the Implementation approval phase for approval to deploy.   Deployment can then
either be handled under your Change process or via an enterprise release
process.

Unless the Work Order is managing some external process/work effort everything
you are describing sounds like one simple change; moving from request for
change, through authorization, into planning/development, then
scheduling/implementation approval , to deployed, then verification.

My 2 cents.   Thanks.  Nate.

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect
McAfee, Inc.