Warren,

I don't know anything about the printing.

But - I would not do a 3 letter prefix 4 letter suffix.

I would go "pure random" or possibly using a GUID ???

Otherwise - you will have a constant flow of "unforeseen problems".
***Except - they are foreseeable :)

Say two owning groups merge -- then what? Reprint the barcodes?

-John

--

*John Sundberg*
Kinetic Data, Inc.