From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Barcode Printing

**

I have toyed around with the idea of using a QR Code instead of a bar code, so
it can contain a little more information about the item right up front and not
just a serial number that is used to lookup that information.. I  haven’t done
much research into that possibility if there is already something out there
that can be leveraged, or if it's something that would need to be custom
created..

The type of information that would be nice to have with the scan is Name,
model, version, warrantee dates, owner, user, etc.. I understand the current
limitation on most QR codes is a little over 1200 ASCII characters, which is
still a lot compared to an ordinary bar code..

Joe