From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of jaya munjal
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 4:44 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Upgrade ARS 7.1 to 7.6.04 SP2 in server group

**
Hi List

We are trying to upgrade our environment (5 ARS in a server group mode) with
email engine installed on all ARS servers. The problem we see is upgrading the
secondary servers if we select email engine along with the ARS server in the
server group mode.

Below are the steps we are following and the installer doesn't allow us to
install engine engine on the secondary server as it says port 1100 (this is
port on which email engine is running in our environment) is in use

- Stop all servers expect the primary server
- take the primary server out of the server group and we upgrade it along with
email engine - this works fine
- Take the secondary servers out server group - run the installer select server
group upgrade mode along with email - this gives us an error that port 1100 is
already in use

We have tried stopping the email engine on the primary server still the
installer doesn't allow us to upgrade the email engine.

Any ideas what could be the issue or is there a different approach to upgrade a
server group environment along with email//

Please suggest

Environment details
ARS - 7.1 patch 5( server group of 5 servers) OS - Solaris 9 DB - Oracle

Thanks
Jaya