It all depends on how much time you want to spend waiting on the CMDB.  You
can try 1, but if you start to hit timeouts (which, btw, probably means
some type of unrecoverable or a PITA to recover failure), I would suggest
you bump it up to 2.  The installation process alone will probably time
out; if it does, start over completely, and bump it up to 2.  With Remedy
and all the various subsystems, the server benefits greatly from multiple
CPUs, but the CPU's will spend a lot of time idle.  Remedy, with the way it
is structured (esp. the ITSM subsystems), benefits from having lots of
resources available, when it needs them; otherwise it will appear to be
idle.

I can't believe that the server timeout (5 minutes, I think -- 300 seconds)
is still not a configurable parameter.

Axton Grams