-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jose Huerta
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM 7.6.04 Join form Query

Hi,

There are several ways to achieve this. Some of them at Remedy native but
complicated, and others are a bit outside ARS.

For instance: inside Remedy:
Create a new option field with one possible value that means last. Create a
filter at workout on submit with two actions: a Push that sets the created
flag to null for all work logs of the same incident having it to "last". The
second action is a set flag to "last".
With this workflow you ensure that only the last. Omen has this flag
activated. The you can add the condition flag="last" to the join condition.

A bit outside Remedy:
Create an SQL view that only show the last value. This can be met with
subqueries. Then you can create a view form that maps this SQL view.

Regards,

Jose Huerta
theremedyforit.com

El 09/08/2012, a las 17:26, "Longwing, LJ CTR MDA/IC"
<lj.longwing....@mda.mil> escribió:

> Actually...I was talking about SQL 'joining'....I haven't used the new
report designer console either...I'm not sure if what I described is
possible within remedy.

BIRT report writer fully in place just yet as described in the recent white
paper.  We will be doing that, but need this report before it can be
implemented.  I'm assuming you are speaking from the Report Designer
console?

entry a separate query in the select portion, and to a select 'top 1' on the
sub-query, with the proper order statements.  This will give you a single
work order entry in your column list, null if there aren't any at all.

HPD:WorkLog.  It works fine and produces a list of open tickets with each
Work Log entry for that ticket.  The customer only wants to see the most
recent Work Log entry and not any older ones.  I have the join form sorted
to put the most recent at the top, but haven't found a query that eliminates
the other records... It may not be possible?