From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Huerta Guillén
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 12:06 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Changing the content of a diary field with filters

**
Hi listers,

I have a requirement: To modify the content of the new addition to the diary
field: from a web service! That means to use filters.

The requirement, is that if a pattern like S###### (the user ID) is found at
the text, the name is added inside. For instance, if at the diary the next text
is received:

The user S013802 is offline.

Then the diary must add something like

The user S013802 (Jose Manuel Huerta) is offline.

Process the text field is trivial, but if I use a set action to change the
content, like Diary = $ProcessedText$

The result is

01/10/2012 19:51:48 UserMonitor
The user S013802 is offline.

The user S013802 (Jose Manuel Huerta) is offline.

I think that the only solution I have is to present a display only text field
as the diary to the web service, process it and insert it to the actual diary.

But I wonder how can I change the submitted diary content? Is it possible?

Thanks!

Jose Manuel Huerta
http://theremedyforit.com/