From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Huerta Guillén
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 2:25 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Changing the content of a diary field with filters

** Just to clarify, I don't want to change the old content, just the new
sentence that the user wants to add.

Jose Manuel Huerta
http://theremedyforit.com/

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Longwing, LJ CTR MDA/IC
<lj.longwing....@mda.mil> wrote:

        Jose,
        The Remedy interface as BMC presents it does not have the ability to
'modify' a diary content.  The only option to do that is to do it with the API
with a 'merge' action.  But for your scenario, yes, present a display only char
field as your diary, then do a setfield in workflow to the actual 'corrected'
text.