Good afternoon,

I have an unusual request that I am working through, and hope that someone here
has an idea that may work to implement different signature escalations on
different approvals within the same process.

Basically, we have two different Change Management processes in ITSM 7.6.4.  To
facilitate this, I have created different records in:

-          Support Groups under "fake" Companies that just hold Support Groups

-          Approval Process Configuration

-          Process Flow Configuration

-          Approval Mappings

Despite those being different, I am mostly using the out of the box Approval
Process Definitions.  So for example, between both divergent company processes,
the auditors can always see that both sides of the company completed their
approvals in the "Change Level - Implementation" phase.  A request has been
made to allow one of the companies to do signature escalations for specific
approval mappings.

In this example, for the Change Level - Implementation phase, we are being
asked to provide the capability for two different Approval Mappings:

1.       Business Owner (a manager on the business side, usually mapped based
on of a Product Name or a Service.)  The Change Request should sit in a pending
approval status until this individual or an alternate approves it.

2.       I.T. Infrastructure Approvals, which begin with the Change Manager,
which then escalates to the infrastructure director after two hours, which then
updates to the CIO over this side of the organization after an additional two
hours, which then updates to a Support Group featuring all I.T. Management
within that support organization after one hour, at which point when the full
time is up, the Change Request is automatically approved.

The two main issues I have are:

1.       I don't see any way to set up the Approval Process Definitions to
escalate differently in a multi-tenant manner.  It looks like I need to set up
a different Approval Process Definition similar to the Change Level -
Implementation one, but trigger it from a different Approval Process
Configuration.

2.       I don't see any way to be able to escalate approvals up a chain like
this, only to send notifications or do an automatic approval.  What I think may
be the best solution for this is to simply set the I.T. Management group (or a
subset of it in a new Support Group) in the Approval Mapping, which notifies
all of them and gives them all an opportunity to approve, but then notifies the
director and CIO unnecessarily.  I'm not sure if there's some way to use the
Level field on the Approver Mappings to build separate mappings for the
Escalation, but I don't see how this would work conceptually.

Thanks in advance just for reading this message.  If you have any suggestions
other than building a custom app, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.