Good Day, All:

I'm having trouble with an AIE job and am hoping someone else may have run into
this issue.  I'm trying to use the process| feature to set a field with the
return value of an external process.  Really I'm not interested in the return
value, I just want the process to run.  The process is
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c "c:\temp\filename.bat" and the contents of the
.bat file are:

set Path=C:\Windows\System32;%Path%
dir c:\temp | find "filename.ext" >>c:\temp\filename.log
exit

That's it - pretty darn simple.  So the data field mapping in AIE is
process|c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c "c:\temp\filename.bat" .  The AIE
exchange runs successfully, but nothing is logged to the file.  There's no
indication of any failure in the AIE debug logs.

Any thoughts on what I could try?

Thanks,
--Phil

Phil Murnane, Principal Consultant
Windward IT Solutions, Service Management Practice
Email:  pmurn...@windwardits.com<mailto:pmurn...@windwardits.com>
Mobile: +1-703-896-6435
Web:    www.WindwardITS.com<http://www.windwardits.com/>