From: Joe Martin D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: Colorado Springs, CO

Cost of living really depends a lot on what you end up having to do when you
pick up that engagement and how long or short term it is..

*** Scenario 1 (which is the only one I have opted for so far)
I like to be back home in New Jersey every weekend as I really did not know
anyone in CO.. I worked on contracts ranging from 3 to 6 months.. This can be a
little expensive compared to other mid western states, as Denver happens to be
a place of touristic interests, which is why I think its not cheap to fly there
even if you make airline reservations well in advance.. Its always at an
average of about 100 to 150 bucks more than the same distance to most other
places that are not in high demand to travel to.. Hotels depending on how close
you are to Downtown Denver, may or may not be expensive. I have stayed at
corporate rates for as low as 119 a night to a high of near 200 a night - book
these in advance too as corporate rates tend to get sold out pretty quick - you
could always cancel if you do not need it later at no fee..

Dining out is fairly cheap compared to many places.. I used to buy a decent
Sushi / Sashimi dinner combo for less than 25 dollars which was quite a deal at
one of the most popular Sushi places in Denver. Or you can go fine dining to
that game food restaurant by the mountains and pay over 50 bucks a head.. So
its no more expensive than most other places in America depending on what you
choose to do.. Your average weekly cost in this scenario could go anywhere
between 1300 to 1900 depending on the time of the year. During the skiing
season, is when I have reimbursed close to 1900 a week for my weeks stay which
included Airlines, Hotels, Rental Car and Per Diem..

*** Scenario 2 (which I have never opted for because of its personal
inconvenience to me)
You temporarily relocate to Denver for the length of your engagement.. You
could rent a nice Condo or Townhouse not too far from Downtown (20 minutes
drive) at half the cost in rent as what you might rent its equivalent in New
Jersey or New York.. Yes I am talking about 1000 a month for a condo and maybe
under 1500 for a decent townhouse, and some of them may even come with cleaning
service for a marginally extra price.. In this scenario, if it’s a long term or
a permanent offer, you could even consider buying and I believe real estate is
inexpensive in many places in CO as compared to North Eastern states..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: pritch