VikrantYou have mentioned  REMOTE SQL 2008 DB. That might be the cause. Setting
a remote DB is not recommended for ARS setup.
There are more than 10-12 known issues and defects on reporting for SP1 and SP2
Using report cause CPU spike, Does not account maxGetList, large report
generation cause out of memory error, Null pointer exception, downloading
report is very slow etc etc  list is very big..... You might want to check the
Release doc specifically around reports.

Thanks

Ravi Rai