ATTENTION:  I, nor anyone in my organization, is interested in being contacted
by reporting vendors for product pitches after reading the following!!!!

Anyone in ARS Land have any feedback (good or bad) on the Xtraction reporting
tool?

We're kicking the tires on it a bit and I'm just doing a sanity check for any
FIRST HAND feedback.   So far, our thoughts are that it wouldn't replace
Analytics/BOXI as it is not capable of doing some of the more complex logic and
formulas we produce in BOXI, but that it has a very appealing front end user
interface and is extremely easy for a non-technical use to pick up and use for
their common reporting needs, which would free up our one report developer's
time to tackle the most complex reporting needs in BOXI.   After playing with
it for a couple of days we have found it to be quite likeable (dare I say fun?)
to the user and found that it can produce some pretty intelligent reports quite
easily as long as they don't involve complex decision based logic computing.

The only down side we've found so far are some minor issues with the provided
BMC ITSM connector in that there are a few data mis-mappings and metadata
errors that need to be corrected, but all are minor and could likely be
corrected in a few hours.

Anyone out there actively using the product for an extended period of time that
would like to provide some additional info from a customer perspective?

Thanks in advance.  Nathan

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect

McAfee, Inc.