HI All,

I have a 8.1 ARS installed on Win server 2008 R2 box and in need to
configure AREA authentication via SSL.

Simple Binding without SSL works fine, however i cant test the
authentication from Remedy as the AD has a policy set such that we can
only authenticate via SSL.

Scenario is: Customer has an Enterprise CA server and there is not
certificate DB on the windows box. So, following actions have been taken:
1. Followed the documentation on BMC site and installed mozilla build, NSS
and then built the certificate database on the server hosting the ARS 8.1
2. We need to add certificate to the cert8.db. This is where we have
issues. coz, the AD Admin created a certificate request file using native
windows certutil tool and then requested the enterprise CA for a
certificate and then installed the certificate. When i try to import the
certificate to the certificate database using the NSS certutil tool, the
certificate gets added. however, when i try to authenticate via AREA, i see
an error in javaplugin.log as "Invalid Keystre format"

I have never configured AREA over SSL and a novice to the certificates
stuff. So, please help me understand following facts so that i can continue
on the right path:
1. When the certificate request file is generated, the CN=<> should have
the AD Server name or the hostname of the server that hosts ARS 8.1
2. as i understand even the nss based certutil also can create a
certificate request file, should i create a certificate request file from
this or does the creation of request file from native windows certutil also
work?

I have opened a case with BMC as well, however any help is also appreciated
as i am in a tight spot currently
--
- Karthik