From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Carl Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SRM 7.6 Advanced Interface Forms

**
Hi,
You are correct in that the course material does mention this as:

"Make copies of the workflow that was on the original form. By copying this
workflow, you retain your copy during upgrades. You only need to perform this
step one time for each Advanced Interface type form you are copying."

You then use this "copied" workflow to add any additional AIF's that you build.
 This is recommended in a ROD environment.

However, the Guides list the following:

"To avoid migration issues, do not copy and rename the workflow that is
attached to the included advanced interface forms."

I do however mention to students to use the advice in the guides when I teach
this course, as it is easy to miss key workflow when performing a copy.

The easiest way to do a copy is to use a Packing List against the form in
question to see the related workflow.

There have been times during  a migration when I have missed specific workflow
in the .def file using Packing Lists, and the quick and dirty solution was to
export the OOB AIF and related workflow, and import into the system (saved
hours of work going through what was missed).

Making a copy of the workflow takes longer to identify the missing parts when
doing a migration, but it does preserve the original if it is ever updated
during an upgrade.

Both ways are valid, but I prefer the association to the original workflow as
opposed to a copy due to the above situation previously encountered.

Kind Regards,

Carl Wilson

http://www.missingpiecessoftware.com/