Nominations have always been restricted to one per category. If the other
person\people is\are worthy of nomination, others will nominate them. Seemed
strange to me when someone nominated a person and then didn't vote for them
too, but it is the persons choice.

For the BMC Employee: Sure, to be eligible they need to be employed by BMC
as of 3rd of July to be nominated for BMC Beyond the Call of Duty.

They have to still be employed by BMC when they are nominated. They don't
have to still be an employee to receive the Award.

I have never placed a restriction on how long ago you left BMC to be
nominated for MVP, that is new ground. There was a round of BMC layoffs a
couple of months ago. May I believe. So someone may have done most
contributions for 8 months as an employee, and  4 as not. I will leave it to
the good judgement of the court of ARSlist nominators and voters, by
nominating or not, voting for or not, for those that were and aren't BMC
Employees that fall into that category (I can think of one person in
particular I expect this to apply to). Personally I think a contribution of
someone that was clearly to the benefit of the ARSlist, i.e. the BMC Remedy
community, should be recognized one way or another so I am not inclined to
get very technical on the rules around it. Those rules that do exist were
created after a few years when a company did try to stack the deck in it's
favour, and I did not consider that in the spirit of the ARSlist, so I added
rules to avoid what they did. It is also the only year I voted.

Daniel

p.s. and don't forget, we accept suggestions for other categories of Awards
as well, keep them positive. Not "greatest number of silly questions in one
year" (the record was 25+ in two days; I tried to help the person by phoning
her to say she is welcome to continue asking the list but suggested reading
the manual that would answer them all and she screamed at me how dare I call
and suggest she read the manual, I have phoned no one since, but I digress)