Good  morning,

I am in the process of upgrading my ITSM 7.6.4 system to 8.1, and I read BMC's
documentation on dealing with overlays but there is something that I'm not
clear on and wanted to come to the list for assistance.

I have added five fields to CHG:Infrastructure Change.  Three store data and
two are trim.  It's easy enough to recreate all the fields, except I assume
that by dropping the overlay, there's no way to retain the data in those
fields.  So my options appear to be:

1)       Manually and painstakingly update my overlay to look exactly like the
OOtB CHG:Infrastructure Change form, but keeping my custom fields and data
intact.

2)      Copy all the data in those fields (along with the Infrastructure Change
Number) to a temporary table, delete the overlay, quickly add back my custom
fields on a new overlay, and copy the data back.

Is there a better option than these two that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.energytransfer.com/mail_disclaimer.aspx .  If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.