Hi Teresa,

We have successfully done a upgrade from 7.1 to 8.1. But there are
important points to be considered. We used the 7 step staged approach which
you find details in the docs.bmc.com.

One main issues we faced is with the CMDB architecture change to remove
attributes from CMDB and place it in Asset. This required a lot of process
and integration changes in our environment.

Before the upgrade please perform and analysis of areas/process impacted
because of the changes or new functionality introduced in 8.1. Which will
help to have a plan on the upgrade.

Regards,
Karthik