LJ, others

Question for ya from what you say below. The form in question was a trouble
report form that was created yrs ago...so it is an origin object...Base mode
and then this whole form was overlaid and then edited in Best Practice Mode. So
how can I just delete the overlay all together if possible. It's fine if I go
back to the original and have to go back in and add the small stuff that's been
added. There are several fields on the form and has several workflows so it's
not a simple form. I would have to go through a lot of  fields and workflows to
see what's custom and what isn't . Well, actually thinking about it...I know
the other guy that was here before me didn't work on Dev 8 so there is probably
not much if any at all that are custom and then again I didn't even know about
it until here recently so I doubt I did any.  Learn every day! So if I am in
Best Practice Mode I should be able to delete the form there and the original
stay on the Base mode correct. I just don't want to say delete and lose it all.
That would be a nightmare!! I would like to take a lot of the forms to the
original and start over and do it all over with Overlays and/or customs so it
would be right. This Dev 8 and 7.6 was thrown at us at the same time and I have
to learn it all...only 3-4 months doing this. Aigh...>LOL! Would it be best for
me to just create form and some fields in say base mode and then create that to
overlay in Best mode and then use that as a guinea pig to see how it works.

**
Ok...go into the overlaid form, convert any object that is 'custom' to 'base'
with a right click...save the form....delete the overlay, then right click and
convert to custom....this will lose any changes made to the object in the
overlay,
but once converted back to custom, you can re-make those changes.

Thanks,
Ron Young

"To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world."