Can you provide an example of when you use the Asset Lifecycle Status in a
reconciliation job. I have never had a customer include this in their request
of fields used in the Identity or Merge jobs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ortega, Jesus A <jesus.ort...@lyondellbasell.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thu, Jan 16, 2014 11:32 am
Subject: CMDB 8.1 Status bug?

**

I have run into a potential bug in Atrium 8.1. BMC, in its infinite wisdom,
decided to disperse a lot of fields that were once on BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement
to BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem and a new form AST:Atributes. Additionally, they
renamed BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem AssetLifecycleStatus to simply Status. The
AST:ComputerSystem form that once was backed up by BMC_ComputerSystem
(BaseElement + BMC_ComputerSystem_) now has Status pointed to the new
AST:Attributes form. So what now happens is that when you update the status of
a CI on AST:ComputerSystem, it updates AST:Attrbutes, which is where Status
comes from, but there seems to be no mechanism(AL, filters) to update  the
other forms’ Status, particularly BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem, hence
BaseElement. From a CMDB perspective, this is a problem is you have
Reconciliation jobs that depend on
BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem.AssetLifecyclestatus(now called status), your jobs
will not work because it never gets updated.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Did BMC fix it for you? I opened a
ticket with my support organization. So it will be few weeks before BMC gets
back to us with requests for logs. Just when we had the CMDB tuned the way we
want it in 7.6.04, they have to mess with it again. So much for the easy
upgrade.

Jesus Ortega
Senior II, Implementation Engineer
LyondellBasell Industries

Information contained in this email is subject to the disclaimer found by
clicking on the following link:
http://www.lyondellbasell.com/Footer/Disclaimer/