Patrick,

Here is a KB article on the subject that includes a discussion configuration
and a reference to the cleanup
script for the indexes.

https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=KA406947

Oh, and Fred....  I notice you need the 11.2 Oracle clients not just 11g.  (see
what reading the actual details of
the docs points out....)

And finally, yes, it talks about cursor sharing EXACT and the recommendation is
for cursor sharing FORCE...
YES, this is a conflict.  FORCE is a better cursor sharing mode for AR System
and that is still true.  HOWEVER,
if you set the sharing to FORCE, case insensitivity really doesn't work
correctly.  It does with cursor sharing
set to EXACT.  So, to get full and complete and always cursor sharing, I
strongly recommend that you use
EXACT as the cursor sharing.  This does mean that you need to deal with the
performance impact on the
system that using EXACT vs. FORCE generates.  This can be mitigated to a
reasonable degree by giving
your DB more memory.  NOTE that is the DB not AR System.  Giving the DB more
memory for its working
space helps overcome the performance penalty of the EXACT mode vs. the FORCE
mode.

NOTE: Full support is in the 8.1 and later releases of the AR System (you don't
need 8.1 apps, just 8.1
AR System).

NOTE:  Before 8.1, if you have the right DB, and all the right settings (you
can override things using
triggers or the ardb.conf file, and you build all the indexes right and do all
the maintenance of them (since
we don't do that until 8.1), you may be able to get this to work.   Best to
upgrade to 8.1 server as it is a lot
of hassle and work to do it all yourself.

I hope this is useful,

Doug Mueller