From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Thad Esser
Sent: Wednesday, 22 January 2014 2:25 p.m.
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Development Question

**
Simon,

Are the Group IDs on the Group form for the Company in question the same
between your Dev and Test environments?

Thad

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Simon Ellis
<simon.el...@telecom.co.nz<mailto:simon.el...@telecom.co.nz>> wrote:
Seemed to have stumped myself.... In a multi tenated solution i've created a
new panel on the HPD:Help Desk form,
added a panel holder and additional panels within that.  The new panel is only
visible to members of one company.
The People records have the Company listed in the Access Restictions box of
there people record.  To establish the permissions for this tab, I mapped a
role to a group and through DEV studio set permissions for the Panel so that
role/group only have access.  In our DEV environment where i developed this, it
works like a dream, if you have the company listed in your people record under
access restrictions no problem you can view the tab and you can log and search
for tickets for that company.  If you don't you can't see the tab/panel and you
can't log tickets for that company.  When i've moved this through into our Test
environment, users with the correct access restrictions can create and search
tickets
for this company but can't view the new tab/panel.  As the administrator i can.
 Permissions of the form are identical.

Can't fathom out if i've missed something out, done something in DEV that i've
forgotten to move through....

any ideas?