From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 10:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Web Service Insert error

I have two Remedy systems, a 7.6.04 ITSM box and a 7.1 custom one.  I have two
web services that allow a custom bare bones ticketing system on the custom
server to interact with the ITSM server, so that a record created under certain
conditions on one box will create a corresponding record on the other.

There is a bit of custom code and configuration data in place to facilitate all
of that, and it seems fine.  The WSDL in the web service displays the XML fine,
as does SoapUI.  The problem is that when I attempt to actually fire it, I get
an error that the logs don't seem to capture at a fine enough level of detail
to help me find the root of.  The error, "Error encountered while executing a
Web Service", is complaining that Field ID 8 (Short Description) is NULL, and
therefore the record can't be saved (since it's a required field).  That field
has a default value in it in every form we use in the process, and we even map
that field between forms to ensure that a value is being pushed, but the error
continues.

Has anyone had a problem like this before, or can someone point me to the next
thing to try?  AR Error logs aren't showing anything, and the Plug-in logs
don't say anything useful either.

Rick Cook

Are, and have been for 20 years"

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.