**
Hi Natalie et al:

Not sure if this was mentioned prior, but I thought I would kick in this license entitlement just for everyone's information.

When using the BOXI provided by BMC as part of the Analytics solution, you are restricted as to it's use.  It is mentioned below as taken from the online docs.

Accessing non-BMC data

The BMC Analytics for BSM license provides the ability for the licensee to use the SAP Business Objects technology embedded in BMC Analytics for BSM for the purpose of accessing data from BMC products.   It does not provide the ability to use the product as a standalone enterprise Business Intelligence system outside the context of BMC products.   All data accessed by BMC Decision Insights must either come from BMC products directly or if there is data from non-BMC products, this data must be presented in context of BMC data.

For example:

  • it would be acceptable to use BMC Analytics for BSM to create a report that shows incident ticket information (from BMC product) as well as the cost center of the person logging the ticket (from a non-BMC data source).
  • It would NOT be acceptable to create a report of employees and their cost centers (from non-BMC data source and not in context of BMC data)

Hope this helps in some small way..

Terry