From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Kathy Morris
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy Support Team Hierarchy

Your situation sounds like a typical Development scenario to me... We
welcome and have no issue with the role of a teachable person as the
liaison between the users and developers - that's normal business
practice.  You said something very important in your email below...." I
give them a list of items to find out and they go and gather the
information.  " This is the problem in our environment.  List? Forget
it.. .that's not going to happen here... First of all, this person
cannot handle a list.  We are struggling to get this PM to follow-up on
one simple process question with a user so that the Developer can get
his task completed.  Secondly, whenever the developers email the PM to
make sure the PM really understands what is needed - of course no reply
from the PM.  Weeks go by, and the PM asks the developer "When is this
going to be done?"  Of course the developer replies, "Were you able to
get the feedback from the user?"  The PM (still unable to comprehend the
process question) responds,  "Let's follow the agenda, first things
first... What do we need to do to get this done?" The developer has to
start all over again and re-explain what is needed to fulfill the task.
Then instead of speaking with the user, the PM will find someone (even
if they do not know the process) to figure out the process answer.  We
have tons of serious work to do, and I am thinking how on earth are we
going to get things done with this situation we have?  The PM that we
are reporting to does not even understand the  basics requirements
gather, nor the process itself.  We do not need a person who knows
Remedy code, just a person who
can connect the dots.