Hi Kiran, Jarl, Listers,

While RRRchive has some great improvements in terms of handling the
deletion of data and configurability, the main issue you're likely to face
is performance. If you are able to agree the data freeze and data catch up
management around a 20 day delta process then that is OK. On many of our
projects, we found that was difficult to agree with the business and stake
holders so we developed the Customer Move Tool.

The Remedy API is great at a number of things, but bulk data migration is
not among them. Using RRRchive, it previously took us over thirty days to
accomplish a full data migration from a full copy of a Production system.
After that migration, we then had to perform multiple delta migration runs
leading up to go-live. The inherent limitation of the Remedy API has been
recognised by BMC, and for the DDM product, some Forms like Audit and
Worklogs are now migrated at the database level.

The CMT Tool has a number of advantages over other tools currently
available;

 1. Moves data at the database level - we are typically able to move an
entire ITSM application within a single day, rather than several weeks. The
final delta migration for the Production cutover is less than an hour.

 2. Automated discovery and analysis - CMT will discover a Remedy
application including customizations and map the data. Any discrepancies
like mismatched field lengths, missing enums or missing fields are
identified and presented in the CMT Workbench web UI. This is a distinct
advantage over other tools, which require you to mess about with XML files
and will not automatically identify differences or pick up customisations.
For a lightly customised system we would typically be ready to move data
within a couple of days - which believe me compares very favourably to the
effort expended in previous upgrade projects I've been involved in!

3. Relationship Aware – while other tools migrate on a simple form-by-form
basis, CMT builds a data model of your Remedy application which it uses to
migrate data.. This opens up a number of capabilities such as being able to
migrate individual ITSM companies between Remedy systems, consolidating
multiple Remedy systems into a single multi-tenancy system, performing
archiving of data during data migration, etc.

4. Flexible and Powerful Mapping and Transformation– using the CMT web user
interface you have full control over the way data is migrated and can
transform and map data to handle a range of scenarios, including populating
new fields with defaults, transforming Product Catalog data, selectively
mapping data to new Forms, fields or entities.

Finally CMT handles data deletions, has outstanding exception management
(no more searching through log files) and very good operational
capabilities Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further (
sean.harries@alderstone,com) or you could sign up for one of our webinars
at http://alderstone.com/cmt-events/

Cheers

Sean

*Sean Harries*
Alderstone Consulting Ltd

Revolutionise your management of BMC Remedy ITSM Services with CMT
<http://alderstone.com/cmt/>

Mobile: +44 (0)7976 558048
Skype: seanharries
MSN: seanharr...@alderstone.com <sean.harr...@alderstone.com>