From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: 18 February 2015 23:05
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Upgrading just Mid Tier

**

Here is some more info along the line of what LJ suggests.

https://communities.bmc.com/message/507632#507632

https://communities.bmc.com/message/386030#386030

Jason

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM, LJ LongWing <lj.longw...@gmail.com> wrote:

**

John,

Mid-Tier is just a collection of files that is configured to connect to your
Remedy Server.  The 'WAR' method you mentioned is simply a zip file that gets
'deployed' by the tomcat/jsp engine.  So, yes...it's easy to upgrade just your
Mid-Tier to the latest SP/Patch...download the WAR, unzip it to a folder on
your tomcat server that's parallel to the current install, then, check out the
config.properties file....I believe that's the one that contains all of the
config that happens through the config app, copy that ever to your new version
(or, to ensure you don't loose any new settings, hand jam the changes into the
new file), then shut down your tomcat, move the new folder into place after
moving the current folder out, then start tomcat back up and you should be good
to go....

Obviously, do this process in a Dev/Test server first to ensure you have the
steps down before doing it in prod, but it should be a quick down/up process
with minimal down time.