In Artemis, with a multi-fasta sequence file, the options for the annotation
file are to use a GFF file or to in some way to concatenate the EMBL/GenBank
feature table (adjusting the coordinates to match the correct position of
the assembly). This is what Œunion¹ should do with EMBL files. I am not sure
why this wasn¹t successful for you.  You obviously do need to use Œ-feature¹
with union to get the feature table included:

union ­feature ­osf embl  entry.embl

Using GFF and union are the options used here.

Regards
Tim